Monday, November 16, 2009
Dielectric and Caustics render.
I was playing and studying the dielectric material and caustics within Maya. Added some particles and a few fields. However, I totally forgot to map the displacement for the bubbles so they are static, when I realized I had forgotten it I was already too far in the rendering process. Basically what it would have done is the bubbles would change the shape a bit when going upwards.
Also, I didn't render from start to finish in one go. I stopped and rendered the next day, and too late I realized the bubbles actually changes places a bit. The rendering took several days for 400 frames, too long for me to redo and fix that. But it's something I'll keep in mind for the next time.
I basically forgot to bake out the particle animation which is why they changed places. A blunder I know. >.<