Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nexuiz Portals model and DAC






Hi there people.
Long time no talk here. At least if feels like that for me, and I bet it is. Will have to check the last date I posted something here after this.
But anyway, just to fill you guys in whats been happening. I've started to model a Nexuiz portals model. What this actually is is the following: Nexuiz has a gun which created two portals, one 'start' and one 'end' portal. I even think 'teleporters' are a better word but they are called portals in Nexuiz. You step into the 'start' portal and you're teleported to the 'end' portal. Now this works only one way, so you cannot step into the 'end' portal and come out from the 'start' portal.

Now that's the actual description. But be sure to check that portal gun out in game. It's actually called 'Port-O-Launch' that gun.

Aside from that, I also have updated the 3D Buzz competition scene, unfortunately Maya kept crashing when I was only halfdone with my entry due to insufficient memory. So I wasn't able to submit anything as I wasn't even finished with my entry. This latest image shows how far I actually got into the competition. But I will still finish this piece in my spare time. I don't want to give up on this yet :)

That's it for today guys. Hope my next post won't be so far along into the future.

No comments: