Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Update







I've been doing a thing that I actually shouldn't. I played around in Maya with shaders and whatnot making a die. There was this tutorial on a die that brought up UV mapping and such. Now I've seen lots of such tutorials but never actually done a die myself. So I figured I'd make a quick die so that I will have it over with, but the process, from a simple 10 min fun thing, turned out to be a huge time consuming project. I didn't get satisfied with just creating a simple plane texture for a die and map it in Maya. So I started creating a simple shading network, but over time I added more and more stuff and in the end it just got a whole lot bigger. I almost put an all-nighter to finish it, but I wanted to get some sleep.
Now, the day after I still continue with the die. As of this moment, I am rendering a final image, but I've rendered out another image before this which I've been playing around in Photoshop with and make some comp work. And the result as you can see, is the image above.

Apart from this die thingie, I've continued with the flag for Nexuiz. Now I managed to get the flag into the game and the next step now is to UV unwrap the flag and create some textures. How I will implement the textures into the game I have no idea, I will have to go for the 'try and error' approach, along with asking for directions on the Nexuiz forums.
Btw, if you want to follow my work with the flag you can go here (Nexuiz official forums).

Anyway, hope it will turn out good. Till later.

No comments: